LPT pin Assignment Question

KWIDELITZ@delphi.com KWIDELITZ@delphi.com
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 20:45:42 -0400 (EDT)

I have a question about the LPT pin assignments discussed recently. If
pinout is as discussed:

Pin 1 ...... CW Strobe
Pin 17...... CW Select
Pin 18...... GND

I take it Pin 1 and Pin 18 do the actual keying and Pin 17 says this is the
LPT port that is selected for CW. If that is the case, isn't Pin 17
redundant? Nothing is on Pins 1 and 18 for LPT2 if LPT1 has been designated
for CW. Or is it more akin to Radio 1/2 select?

To the powers that be, Ken, please make LPT1, LPT2 and LPT3 pinouts
identical. We need band data on all LPTs to better support two radio
switching. If radio 1 band data is on LPT1 and radio 2 band data is on LPT2,
we could then automate bandpass/stub selection for each radio MUCH easier.

73. Ken, AB6FO, KWIDELITZ@DELPHI.COM

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com
Administrative requests:  ct-user-request@eng.pko.dec.com