CT ver 9.22 in ARRL SSB

Robert E.Naumann 72240.1433@compuserve.com
06 Mar 95 17:43:52 EST

At N2RM, we used version 9.22 with relatively little trouble.  We had 8
computers ranging from a 386sx20 up to a 486/66.

There are a few minor things we did notice.

The computers that are not controlling a radio apparently get into an "out of
band" condition after accessing the "Announce Window" when another band's item
is at the bottom of the list.  We found that when this occurs, just typing in a
"in-band" frequency would clear it.

The announce windows also appeared to "stall" and not get updated after a while.
Using CTRL-Right Arrow and hitting PageUp and PageDn a few times seemed to get
it operational.

Another unusual symptom is that when using Alt-F3, Alt-T or Alt-G, after
entering the message for all three of these and pressing Enter, a "Bad Checksum
Error" appears on the network.

The band map still gets messed up if you Ctrl-Enter calls.  They go at the end
of the list even though the frequency is really somewhere in the middle of the
list.  Spotted calls end up in the right place on the band map every time.  I
ended up spotting everyone I wanted to add to the band map after noticing this.
Is there a way to delete calls from the band map ?  Is there a "point and shoot"
on the band map ?

I could not get the Announce and Summary windows open at the same time.

Aside from these issues, it worked pretty well.  No crashes at all.

On another more general issue:

I have obtained a DIGIBOARD that is a model PC/xe 8 port board.  The default
address of this board cannot be set to the same address that the DIGI TSR
defaults to which I believe is "148".  The DIGI TSR seems to ignore any command
line switch to change the board address from this default.  Ken, can you help on
this ?

73,
Bob Naumann  KR2J
72240.1433@CompuServe.com