More CT9.22 comments

Hawes, Dave DHAWES@ccgate.ueci.com
Mon, 20 Mar 95 11:57:15 EST

Hi gang.  (I hope that includes you, Ken!)

Regarding bugs found at N3RS (not already reported):

1.  TS-950SDX Grab Packet Spot - Assume that the rig is sitting on 14200,
with RIT engaged at -0.1, resulting in the display reading 14199.9.  Hit
Alt-F5.  Alt-F4, work the spot, Alt-F4.  The display now reads 14199.8.
Apparently, when CT reads the radio's frequency with the first Alt-F4, it
reads "the display," not the true VFO frequency.  When you return with the
second Alt-F4, CT writes 14199.9 into the VFO, which then is offset by the
RIT another -0.1.  The result is a gradual sliding down the band from your
run frequency.  Not a good idea.  I stored the run freq in VFO B and would
do a quick A=B routine to get back to the proper frequency after each
episode.  The other work around is to make sure that RIT is cleared before
grabbing a spot.

2.  The RPT timer is not reset by ESC.  When you hit ESCAPE, followed by
F1, your CQ should start immediately, which it does not.

In general, we found 9.22 stable and quite acceptable.

See you all in WAE CW in August.  Dave N3RD   DHAWES@CCGATE.UECI.COM

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com
Administrative requests:  ct-user-request@eng.pko.dec.com