Which new rig for use with CT?

Dick Dievendorff dieven@almaden.ibm.com
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 14:37:57 -0800

My perception is that the TS-870 is a be a better fit for CT than the Yaesu
rigs.  I used a Yaesu FT-9something (the little FT-1000) and was troubled by
the delay between turning the knob and having the band map update frequency
when I S&Ped.  I guess that's because it's polled.

I've never used a Kenwood rig with CT.  Is it more like an ICOM 761 (the rig
sends something when you turn the knob) or more like polled Yaesus?

Advice (directly to me) from those who have used (or written code to interface)
more rigs than I have would be appreciated.  I'm trying to decide between the
TS-870 and FT-1000MP.

Dick, AA6MC <dieven@almaden.ibm.com>

WWW:                      http://ve7tcp.ampr.org/Lists/ct-user.html
Questions:                reisert@ve7tcp.ampr.org