CT 9.00 and Kenwood TS-850S Interface Problem

Joseph Duerbusch jduerbusch@gwsmtp01.mdc.com
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 12:28:32 -0600

I am a new subscriber to this group.  This question maybe answered
before.
For the CQWWCW contest I got out my CT Version 9 and installed it on
my 486 PC.  All went well, everything worked, I thought.
My problem is Ct is not receiving frequency information back from my
TS-850S when I move the dial.  All other communications with the Radio
seems to be operation normally.
Observations: 1.  Upon loading CT, I hear the "Beep" from the Radio
indication that the "AI" function has been received.  2.  I am using a MFJ
interface cable and using COMM1 IRQ4. No other device using that IRQ.
3.  If I go into windows 3.1 and shell to DOS full screen, then it works,
that is, now CT is receiving freq information. Of course, in a DOS shell
the CW keying sounds pretty bad.  4.  Verison 7.0 of CT, my older
version works without any problem with this setup.
Questions?  Will upgrading to 9.25 help?  Any setting may need to be set
that I don't know of?  Could the problem be in the COMSTR program?
It could be my hardware, but all other rig control programs including CT
V7.0 works.  Any suggestions, remarks, hinks would be appricated.

Joe K0BX St. Louis MO
jduerbusch@gwymtp01.mdc.com

WWW:                      http://ve7tcp.ampr.org/Lists/ct-user.html
Questions:                reisert@ve7tcp.ampr.org