[ct-user] WRITELOG Crash

Jarmo Raisanen Jarmo Raisanen <jami@clinet.fi>
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 09:47:42 +0300 (EET DST)

At 20.36 7.4.1997 -0400, you wrote:

>I've experienced exactly the same thing.  I'm using CT v9.26.   It
>crashed during the last part of report generation using WRITELOG after
>WPX.   It did not crash after ARRL DX, SS,  10meter, or any other
>contest used for recently.
>
>The crash appears to occur during the creation of the callsign.LOG
>report (not that I guess it's needed for the WPX log submission).  In my
>case, K1SD.LOG was created, but is empty.  If I use WRITEARRL instead of
> WRITELOG, the same thing happens, with the same error codes that Scott
>describes.   WRITECLIST does nothing either;  doesn't crash or generate
>reports (not sure if it should for WPX).
>
>I didn't add any new prefixes or countries during the test.  Other than
>the crash during WRITELOG, CTv9.26 apprears to have performed
>flawlessly.
>
>Any clues???
>
>73 James / k1sd

        I have found some broken lines from my log. Try this one:
        1. Convert your log to RES-format (b2r9.exe)
        2. Check this RES-format log file line by line with text-editor.
        3. Fix possible errors and convert back to BIN-format (r2b9.exe).

        In my case, there was couple multiplier field with crashed
information (does nobody know why ?). After all lines were fixed,
WRITELOG worked 100% OK.

        73, Jami OH7JR

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org