[ct-user] CT 9.27 and Field Day

Alan Braun Alan Braun <albraun@socketis.net>
Sun, 27 Apr 97 18:50:57

Our FD group is going to try computerized logging for the 1st time this
year.  We operate 2A with a CW station, SSB station and novice station.
The stations will NOT be networked; I'm going to merge the logs after
the contest is over.

I've been doing a dry run and am having a problem.  I entered 9 calls into
the CW log and 9 identical calls (actually I just copied the CW bin file and
changed the mode for each QSO) into the SSB log.  When I run the merge
utility, the SSB calls get lost and do not show up in the combined file, which
has only 9 instead of 18 QSOs.  (I can merge in a 3rd file, with the band
changed to Novice, with no problem).  I made what seemed to be appropriate changes in the configuration screens when I set up the SSB log, namely changing the mode to SSB and the station number to 2.  I'm using Multi-
multi as my entry category.  As I've always understood the FD rules, you
can work a station once on each band AND mode, so potentially you can
work the same call 3 times on each band (CW/SSB/Novice); this is what
I'm trying to do in this dry run.

Does anybody have any insight into what may be happening here?  This
problem may torpedo the whole project if I don't find an answer.

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socketis.net       *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org