[ct-user] Answer: MM Entry

Bruce Horn bhorn@netcom.com (Bruce Horn)
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 19:45:17 -0800

Since I received several different answers to my query about how to enter a
maritime mobile QSO so that Version 8 of CT would score it correctly, I
thought I'd share the "correct" answer with the reflector.

Thanks to Malcolm, ZL2UDF, for the correct answer. He advised upgrading
from version 8.42 to the last available version: 8.53. The version 8 update
notes indicate that v8.49 fixed CT so that it scored /MM QSOs correctly and
that v8.50 fixed it further so that the entered zone number was used to
correctly calculate the QSO points. As a reminder, CQWW gives zone and QSO
credit to /MM QSOs, but no country credit.

The suggestion of entering /MM1 /MM2 or /MM3 to indicate the maritime
region makes CT think the station is in Scotland (MM prefix).

Thanks to everyone for the help.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@netcom.com)

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org