[ct-user] Using CT for Field Day

Michael S. Mitchell, W6RW Michael S. Mitchell, W6RW" <w6rw@earthlink.net
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 10:55:29 -0700

The Rancho Cucamonga ARES/RACES group will be doing a 2A Field Day
effort this coming weekend. We will be using the call W6KK. After much
experimenting and playing around, we have discovered the following:

	A. The K1EP fix makes the FD.DAT file work good on
           versions 9.23 and 9.27

	B. 9.28 does not do CW keying through LPT1

	C. 9.23 will log everything but 10 meters(regular-it works
           fine on 10 meters novice), 6 meters and packet.

        D. 9.27 will log everything but novice, satelite and packet.

	E. The above is also correct if you network 9.23 with 9.27
           versions together.

Based on the foregoing, our network will use 9.23 at the novice station,
9.23 at the 6 meter station,9.23 at the satelite station and 9.27
everywhere else except the packet station. WE ARE ALL AFRAID TO USE
9.28!

We have tested this setup and it works fine.

Now if we could figure out how to log packet contacts, then we would
be pretty happy. We are thinking about doing packet on a computer off of
the network and logging it all as 2 meter cw and then changing all the
contacts to packet after field day. We have discovered that once a
contact is logged on any band that it can later be changed to packet
without a problem.

Packet gives an "out of band" message and refuses to log the qso.

Has anybody out there figured out how to log a packet qso?????

Once the computer bugs are worked out, field day should be a lot
of fun this year.

73 es cul de Mike/W6RW

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org