[ct-user] V9.27 external DVK bug

alsopb@vance.net alsopb@vance.net
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 08:09:28 -0500

Guys,

CT version 9.27 does NOT let you use LPT1 to key both the antenna switch
(-AC) and key an external DVK via LPT1.  The -AC option must be turned
off for DVK keying to occur..   The manual says -AC does not convlict
with... or external voice keyer"

Also one cannot use LPT2 for the external DVK.  It doesn't work at all.
 You must tell CT that the mode is SSB and that the DVK is on LPT1 when
setting up CT.

The MFJ -432 voice keyer needs a different interface.  I used an emitter
follower configuration to key the MFJ since it requires a positive
trigger not a ground.  It is possible that one may be able to directly
connect the MFJ to the LPT.  I haven't tried it.

de Brian/K3KO
Vance Net Inc
End Of Message

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct