[ct-user] packet problem

AA4NC@aol.com AA4NC@aol.com
Tue, 27 May 1997 19:19:22 -0400 (EDT)

I have a problem when using the packet window with CT that has just creeped
up.

When I use the packet window, I can log into our packet cluster, but nothing
shows up on the screen until I hit <alt P> then ENTER. The last reply from
the cluster then shows up. It seems that something is stopping the normal
flow of data to the packet window. This gets really bad during a contest when
a lot of spots are coming out, but I don;t see them until breaking the logjam
by hitting alt P/Enter. This causes all the spots to flow by at blinding
speed, and you miss all but the last few.

I have never had any trouble with CT and packet before this. AS far as I
know, I am using the same configuration as always on CT and the TNC (a
PK232). I even tried various flow control settings on the port used with the
TNC. This made no difference.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks,

Will