[ct-user] Connecting CT with TS850 ??

Mike Walker Mike Walker <mwalker@geronimo.legato.com>
Mon, 03 Nov 1997 17:05:51 -0500

At 10:50 PM 03/11/97 -0800, Marc Cosemans wrote:
>Hello.....
>
>Just bought a TS850 from a friend of mine,but don't know how to connect
>it with my favorite contest prg CT.
>I use version 9.23....
>
>Thanks Marc

Load the comtsr program for the serial port you will be using (ie:  comtsr
1 for com 1)
Use a baud rate of 4800 -RTS with the COMTSR
Connect the radio to the TTL-RS232 converter (IF-232C).  If you don't have
a IF-232 C you can build one.  There is a design in the ARRL handbook that
works very well.  You just need a MAX232 chip and a couple of caps.

Start CT and select TS-850.

It works fine.   I have no problems with Kenwood, and more problems when I
try to use Icom (ie:  IC-756)

Good luck...Mike VA3MW