[ct-user] Homemade IF232 for Kenwood

yo3ctk yo3ctk <yo3ctk@alltrom.ro>
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 14:22:04 +0200

Hi folks,

I received a number of queries concerning the homemade TTL to RS232
interface I mentioned in my previous posting. So please allow me to
respond to the whole list rather than by private E-mail:

I found the schematics in 5B4Wn's home page:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~mzyd108/  Although I was specifically
interested in Kenwood, I remember that Icom and Yaesu were mentioned as
well. So please go to the above address.

Somebody asked if it really works. Well, I don't know yet. I most
certainly will know in a day or two and post the results. But I am
familiar with this type of interface using MAX232 and don't see any
reason it won't work, apart from the usual mess with RTS/CTS. I intend
to hardwire RTS to CTS at the computer COM port and the same at the
transceiver serial port. After properly setting the COM port I expect
positive results. I'll let you know.

73 de Mike, YO3CTK