[ct-user] Loading COMTSR1 - help!

John Lash John Lash <john.lash@yale.edu>
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 21:14:53 -0500

Hello all,

I was unable to get COMTSR to load on my DEC 420sx for CW SS, so I assumed
something was wrong with the machine and went without.

Now I have a Compaq Presario model 4712 (pentium 133 I think) with Windows
95 on it, and I cannot get COMTSRx to load on it either.

Here's what happened:

First, I created a DOS boot disk and booted right from that.  It still
tries to load Windows 95 anyway when booting, but I can abort that with
Ctrl-C.  (I don't know why that happens, but I don't know if I need to
know.)   Once I get to a C: prompt and into the CT directory, I type
COMTSR1 -H, which is supposed to bring up the help screen.  Initially, I
got an EMM386 error which completely locked the machine,  so I changed my
CONFIG.SYS to simply say FILES=30,  BUFFERS=30.  Nothing else.  Just typing
COMTSR1 and hitting enter, or COMTSR1 followed by any other switches, has
the same effect as when using the -H switch.

Now when I boot up again, get to C:\CT and type COMTSR1 -H, the machine
just locks without any message or response of any kind.

What am I missing here?  What should my autoexec.bat and config.sys look like?
Also, what should my command line arguments be for COMTSRx to load properly
for an FT-1000MP?

Thanks,

John
WA2GO