[ct-user] CAT interface between 1000MP and CT

Lehtimaki Kari Lehtimaki Kari <kari.lehtimaki@olsy.fi>
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 14:23:55 +0200

We have tested CT with three different 1000MPs
and have not been able to make them communicate
with CT.

We have made the following observations:

1) It seems that the cable is not a NULL-modem cable like
described in the manual of 1000mp, but a
straight PIN to PIN cable without any crossings, right?
At least with a straight cable we could see the CAT light blinking.
We do not use handshaking, should we?

2) Resetting the 1000MP did not help. We still get the Yaesu timeout
messsage.

3) We have no problems when testing the serial communications with TR
software.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

73 de Kari, OH2XX

E-mail: oh2xx@sral.fi