[ct-user] RE:CT9 & WIN95

MAL MAL" <n7mal@ctaz.com
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 07:30:02 -0000

For SSPHONE I stripped down my computer. Removed all but 16meg of memory and removed my bus-mouse board. I put a serial mouse on COM1 and I used COM4 for packet. I wanted to use the stripped down computer hoping I could validate my set-up would work for anyone. It did and it worked perfectly. I decided to tax my computers memory to the max. I loaded CT9 in a DOS window and sized it to meet my requirements. Next I loaded GeoClock and WINPACK( a TAPR packet-cluster program). I also have the visionx clock load when I start my computer and decided to keep it active. I also have a spell-checker that loads when I start my computer and this created a major problem. When I began to size CT I typed in the word 'COLORS' and the computer locked up. The spell-checker got confused. I re-booted the computer and turned off the spell-checker. There was never a problem the rest of the time I gave out points. There was no sluggish performance, the logging was instant. I don't use rig control and I never learned how to contest with a DVP. Using this plain 'vanilla' setup CT performed flawlessly. Once again I took a screen snapshot and uploaded to my web pages.

http://www.qsl.net/n7mal/ct.htm             n7mal@ctaz.com