[ct-user] Do we need a complete update? (was Blank Help Screen)

Dick Green Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 23:42:08 -0500

I ran into this problem, too. I believe that somewhere along the line, the
name of the help file was changed from CTHELP.TXT to CT.HLP and the new file
hasn't been included with all the downloadable updates. If you have the
former file and not the latter, just do a copy or rename and ALT-H should
work fine. It did for me.

Of course, since the date on my CTHELP.TXT file is circa 1994, I do wonder
if there is a more recent version, perhaps with some newer commands that I
might not know.

This brings up the issue of what is included with CT updates. I, like many
of you, bought my copy of CT version 9 a long time ago. I've downloaded many
of the updates, but probably not all of them. I have a feeling that there
may be new versions of several files that are distributed with new copies of
CT, but may not have been made available in the updates. The CT.HLP file is
one example. The other day, I was looking for a copy of R2B that would work
with the latest version, but couldn't find one in my CT directory or on the
web site vault or archive. Was this program ever updated? Are there other
updated files that I might be missing?

Ken, how about a complete maintenance update so we can get all of our files
in sync with the latest version? It would also be nice if the most recent
version of the manual was available from the vault.

73, Dick, WC1M