[ct-user] Y2K

Jim Pratt Jim Pratt <n6ig@netcom.com>
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 10:45:14 -0800 (PST)

I have seen questions here recently about Y2K issues and CT, and have
wondered the same.  I did a non-scientific test, I set my computer to
12-31-1999 at 23:55 and started to run a mock contest.  As the clock
ticked over to the doomsdate, CT kept running just fine.  The Alt-F
command showed the correct time and date for all QSOs before and after
midnight, and the CW sending even sent fine as the clock ticked over.

The only oddity I noticed is that the .log file dates went from 12/31/99
to 01/01/100.  The .all file was fine, showing 01/01/00.  (Of course the
.brk said the QSOs I made at 23Z hour were made at 21Z since CT thought I
was running SS, I suspect there is a template for this and this has
nothing to do with Y2K...)

Running version 9.37 on a DOS machine/486.

73, Jim  N6IG