[ct-user] PS/2

Dave Wright Dave Wright <dwright2@ix.netcom.com>
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 08:43:48 -0800

Hello Mike,

The old IBM PS/2's are "Microchannel" so no ISA cards will fit.   I think
someone
made an adapter at one time, but forget who.  You cannot access the bios
setup with
the keyboard, you need the "Diagnostic" disk & s/w.  Available on the IBM
web site
for your specific PC....

U need to look at the front of the machine for the model number, (8555-xxx,
8650-xxx, -
etc.) & match it with the setup program on IBM's web site to get the right
program as the
bios program is proprietary to the -specific- machine.  Once run, you can
enable, disable
and manipulate the ports addresses/etc.   Hope this helps....

73 Dave K6JOX