[ct-user] CT9.38B after the fact

Mike Walker Mike Walker <mwalker@legato.com>
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 12:14:01 -0500

Here is are the bugs we found after the contest was over.

Setup:

M/M

IC-756 - 486-66 with DVP
TS-850SAT - 486-25 with DVP
TS-690 - Pentium Laptop
NETTSR Network (still works like a champ...No NETWORK Checksum errors)

If you are using computer radio control, make use you use C-F1 or F2 to change modes.  If you change modes on the radio, it didn't follow on the computer.  You might find yourself logging CW contacts in SSB Mode

If you where in Keyboard CW mode (ALT-K) and then did a Ctrl-F1 back to SSB, the Keyboard was not usable until you went back to CW and got out of Keyboard CW mode.  This should be cleared on a mode change.

Several times, 2 machines crashed with a Page Fault (Pentium Laptop and a 486-25).  They both crashed at the same instant.

Going to 6M on CT set the radio to 5.000 Mhz not 50.00 Mhz.

Apparently some of the special prefixes crashed if they weren't in the RAC.DAT file.  We never saw this problem, but VE9AA did.

On DX contacts, if you logged it twice (later on another band), the serial number was inserted from the previous contact.  This field should be cleared.

Something strange happened on DUPES.  You sometimes had to hit the space bar 3 to 4 times before it said dupe.  This wasn't noticed later, but appeared sometime in the first 100 q's.

Ken VA3SK may add a couple of other hits as well.  This is the best I can remember at this time.

The Band Map was one of the greatest tools for getting us well over 100 Multipliers.  Ken, many thanks.

We had great band conditions and many thanks to all those that came down to 160M in the last 30 minutes.  It was amazing what I was working on 100 watts on 160 at 23:30 Zulu.  From VY2 to Wisconsin.

73...Mike

Mike Walker VA3MW
Corbeil Contest Club
http://www.qrz.com/wrad/directory.cgi?VA3MW