[ct-user] CT 9.35 to DX4WIN time import problem

Gary Yantis Gary Yantis <gyantis@midtec.com>
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:58:50 -0700

Today I imported my CT version 9.35 ARRL CW DX contest .bin file into
DX4WIN (v1.12) but all the times shown for these contacts in DX4WIN are
wrong by a minus seven hours. I'm seven hours behind GMT by the way.
 During the contest I, of course, changed my computer clock to GMT.
I thought I remembered seeing postings of this problem with CT version 9.34
but can't find the specific problem mentioned in either the CT or DX4WIN
archives of the last six months.   As a test I moved the CT 9.35 .bin file
to CT 9.27 and then imported it to DX4WIN from there but the problem still
occurs.  The seven hour difference is also there running the 9.35 .bin file
in 9.27.  But version 9.35 apparently converts the times of earlier CT .bin
files so they show correct times when run in 9.35.   The problem appears to
be in the way 9.35 generates the time in the .bin file rather than any
problem with DX4WIN.  By the way all the files generated by the WRITELOG
and WRITEARRL commands (.log, .all, etc) show correct times.  Anyone know
what changed in 9.35 versus earlier versions and how this can be corrected
or worked around?

Thanks & 73
Gary, W0TM
gyantis@midtec.com