[ct-user] ALT-F and QSO time

Bob Johnson Bob Johnson <rjohnson@ici.net>
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:55:42 -0400

Hi Ken:
Hate to tell you this, but CT9.37 does have an "ALT-F" problem running under
DOS 6.22!!!  It might be a Microsoft problen, but it not just WIN95 !!!

I had a lot of problems with it during the June VHF Contest. Because of strong
RFI from the computer on some of the bands, I was forced to log on paper and
then at a later time enter the QSO's into CT.  The first "ALT-F" was OK !!
However when I did a second "ALT-F" in the same session, CT time reverted back
to computer time.  If I wanted to use CT instead of paper I had to restart CT
in order to get the correct time in the log.

I also had problems with the "Out of Band" error if the first entry in a
session was on 2 Meters.

I don't know what to do about Field Day and CT.  Our local ARC had planned to
use CT for logging, but at this point I'm thinking of changing to something
else.  I can cope with the problems, but I don't think some of our new club
members can.  I sure don't want a bunch of screwed up logs that I have to sort
out.

<http://www.contesting.com/ct/>http://www.contesting.com/ct/