[ct-user] Help setting up RAMDRIVE in Win95

Steve Maki Steve Maki <steve@oakcom.com>
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 00:25:56 -0500

Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

> I am stuck with Win95 in the shack, but boot to DOS prompt for contests.
> How do I set up a RAM disk (for DVP) in Win95 so that it's visible in DOS
> mode?  I tried adding the appropriate line to CONFIG.SYS but it didn't seem
> to do anything.  I don't have any Win95 manuals, and I couldn't find
> anything in the on-line help.

Try copying ramdrive.sys from a dos computer to your c:\windows\command\
directory. Ramdrive isn't included in Win95 DOS.  If that doesn't work,
you could always boot up true DOS from a floppy, including autoexec.bat
and config.sys files.

You can fit a pretty complete version of DOS on a floppy, if you leave
off Double-space and other non-essentials.

--
Steve Maki K8LX
steve@oakcom.com