[ct-user] CT 9.34 & IC-756

Mike Walker Mike Walker <mwalker@geronimo.legato.com>
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:55:26 -0500

Hi Jiri

I was testing the IC-756 (calling it a 775) with 9.36 and running it at
9600 baud just last night.  I was also running nettsr on a 2 station
network (testing for the weekend) and the ic-756 switched bands fast,
handled splits and I did not notice any other slow down.  This was on a 486
40mhz running 4 meg of ram on dos 6.22

You might want to check on how you configured the comtsrs.  Look at the
switches in the tsr and make sure that you specify the correct handshaking
(ie:  hardware -rts, or software (xon xoff).

Now, we did have some strange things happen when we where using a
386-16mhz.  And, slowdown was one of them.

Good luck...Mike VA3MW

At 06:39 PM 12/30/97 , Jiri Sanda wrote:
>It is not exactly good advice, since CT 9.3x does not work correctly with
IC775 also, it is not switching the bands correctly - i.e. it switches but
very slowly, when the radio freq. controlled from CPU it is slow and makes
side effects, while CT 9.2x works fine. I have told already Ken directly,
there was no response.

>Follows "my own understanding" of the situation:
>I understand he decided to rewrite the whole thing to WIN interface which
is not a small project. As I see it, the versions 9.3x should be seen as an
experiment not completely finished and as I understand it Ken is not really
willing to debug it completely and support it fully since it would be still
a significant amount of work and he wants to concentrate on a new project.

>I thing we should understand it, forget about 9.3x and stay happy with
9.2x and let him work on the new project.

>73 !
>
>Jiri Sanda
>
>OK1RI

Mike Walker VA3MW