[ct-user] CT-Network Dialogue Specifications

David Robbins David Robbins <k1ttt@berkshire.net>
Wed, 13 May 1998 23:43:24 +0000

i have a couple utilities that work with ct.

one is a replacement for a comtsr to let ct use an ethernet network.
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/software.html#nettsr
using this you can get ct on a real network and use the normal windows
or dos tcp/ip packages to collect data or talk to the network.

for win-95 my wintelnetx program connects to either a ct serial
network or ethernet network and can act as a software patch panel
to connect the network to/from internet dx clusters, tnc's, and
other ct networks either locally or via the internet.
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/software.html#wintelnetx

i have also recently made the Java OpenLogger talk to CT ethernet
networks.  this one is not available yet, but should be soon
for those experimenting with it.

if you want more specifics on the exact protocol send me a message
direct.  i don't have it all figured out but know the checksum
algorithm and i think i have figured out most of the major message
types used.

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net