[ct-user] CT.CFG problems

Wilkowski, Joseph Wilkowski, Joseph" <Joseph.Wilkowski@usa.xerox.com
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 11:58:26 -0500

Well I'm on a roll now.  The second message posted to this reflector in all
time.  This concerns 9.46 and for the most part all previous versions.

One small problem which has plagued me from day one is the fact that no
matter what I put into the CT.cfg file is NOT read at run time.  In all
cases, the file comes up defaulted in various iterations of contests that I
have been active in.  In other words, sometimes it knows radios and sometime
it does not. It always knows who I am and what state and section but it
never knows the proper contest or operating parameters.  I have maintained
separate files for each contest I operate I.E.: arrl160.cfg, arsweep.cfg,
cqwwcw.cfg etc.  I simply copy these to the CT.CFG file before loading the
bin file for the first time.  I have stipulated the ct path in the
autoexec.bat file I have ct in my path statement. I have also went as far as
putting it into the specific sub-directory where the bin file for any
specific contest is stored.  I am using the proper syntax for the commands
as given by examples in the manual and on K1EA's web site.  Granted, it is a
minor irritant but would help configure the same things over and over again.