[ct-user] Printing in DOS Under Windows95/98

Dick Green Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:51:11 -0500

Actually, that's called "output redirection". Piping is done with a vertical
bar ("|"). I'm not completely sure about the difference, but I believe
redirection is used to switch program output to a device other than the
console, whereas piping allows you to send the console output of a program
to the console input of another program.

73, Dick, WC1M

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Duerbusch <jduerbusch@mdc.com>
To: ct-user@contesting.com <ct-user@contesting.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 1999 10:06 AM
Subject: [ct-user] Printing in DOS Under Windows95/98

>Another way to print in DOS is to use
>the "Pipe" command.
>Type Filename > lpt1:
>Works in any DOS
>Joe K0BX
>Submissions:              ct-user@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
>WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/ct/
>Questions:                owner-ct-user@contesting.com

Submissions:              ct-user@contesting.com
Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/ct/
Questions:                owner-ct-user@contesting.com