[ct-user] Checking ARRL Ten minute rule

WE9V Chad Kurszewski WE9V Chad Kurszewski <Chad_Kurszewski@css.mot.com>
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:24:04 -0600

I've written a program that (appears) to check the NEW ARRL
10-minute rule, as defined on the ARRL page:

    Each transmitter is limited to 6 band changes (maximum) in any clock hour.
        1.  The clock hour is from zero through 59 minutes.
        2.  Band changes are defined so that, for example, a change
            from 20 meters to 40 meters and then back to 20 meters
            constitutes two band changes.

Limitations/Stipulations/Directions:

This only works for CT.
It is a Windows based file only.  No DOS.  (The only compiler I have.)
Use it on the (call).LOG file, which is the ARRL suggested output file.
I wasn't sure on rule #1 above, so if you have a QSO on 20M at 0159z
   and a QSO on 15M at 0200z, it counts it as a band change for the 02z
   hour.  (You changed bands at 0200z, so I counted it.)

If you are a M/S, or M/2 station, and would like to get this utility,
send me a private e-mail and I will email you a MIME attachment of the
file (17kb).

If there is a huge demand, and others can prove it works (I just
wrote it today, and only tested it on 1 other computer), maybe
AD1C can make it available on the CT files web page.

---
Chad Kurszewski, WE9V                       e-mail:  WE9V@qth.com
The Official "Sultans of Shwing" Web Site:  http://www.QTH.com/sos