[ct-user] CW from serial port?

Ron Stordahl Ron Stordahl" <ron.stordahl@digikey.com
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 11:30:21 -0600

:>I'm having difficulty getting CT to key my rig through the serial port,
COM1.
:>I've upgraded my shack computer from a 286 to a pentium.  The 286 keys OK,
:the
:>pentium puts out a continuous carrier.  Same cable, same version of CT, no
:>radio control, boot in DOS mode.
:>
:>Suggestions?
:>
:>Thanks, Bill W1OHM
:>
:--
:

As soon as COMTSR starts it will key the rig.  It shouldn't and I have
brought
this to Ken's attention.  You have to go all the way through CT start and
when
its ready to enter calls you have to push F1 to get it to send something,
after
which it will act normally.  COMTSR needs to be updated to deal with this
start up issue.

Or perhaps you already knew this and had the startup  problem with your
earlier
equipment but were putting up with it and now have an additional problem?
Its not clear from what you said exactly....perhaps now you can't use the
com
port for cw at all?

Ron N5IN