[ct-user] Re: SAVELOG

Tod Olson-MN Tod Olson-MN" <tao@skypoint.com
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 10:48:59 -0500

I want to thank the folks who took a few minutes to comment on my "problem",

Jim Reisert's comment was, 'I think this is "just the way it works".  You
can't save a log two places at once.
                                      Moral:  don't do that.'

I think that summarizes most of the comments. Retrospectively, I wish that
somehow we had read something to this effect or there was a warning window.
But as the saying goes, "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride". I
really don't feel that the fact we did not figure out the risk is the fault
of the CT creator(s).

I have used the "autosave" feature many times. In each of those cases,
though, I was logging to a hard disk and saving the backup copy to the
diskette. In such an environment there is no problem because one really has
two copies of the log on two different storage devices.

Please understand I have no "enmity" toward the creator(s) of CT about this.
For 99.99% of all cases the system they have implemented works just fine and
there is neither risk nor problem. My reported situation is clearly an
"extreme special case", and as such, deserves only analysis, not repair by
the program suppliers.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Tod Olson, K0TO