[ct-user] New Computer

Jim Reisert AD1C Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:49:10 -0400

At 04:05 PM 7/14/99 -0500, Ron Stordahl wrote:

>1)  I recommend the PCI cards from ByteRunner   http://www.byterunner.com/
>Others might be fine, I just have no experience with others.
>
>Specifically I am using the PCI-210-5-2 which costs $70.00 plus shipping.
>It will give you 2 serial and 1 parallel ports.  And it will take just 1
>IRQ, in my case it uses IRQ 5.

That's all well and good if you're using WINDOWS software, but it WON'T
work for CT running under DOS (which is the only SUPPORTED way to run
CT).  CT requires separate interrupts for each COM port, the only exception
being the DigiBoard, which has a special driver included with CT to support
it.  I suspect that these other IRQ-sharing boards would also require some
sort of driver TSR to work with CT.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>      http://jjr.ne.mediaone.net/