[ct-user] CT in ARRL 10m on DX Side

Jim Preston Jim Preston <jpreston1@home.com>
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 07:33:07 -0700

I checked this using CT 9.40. I did a "writearrl" and the ".log" file
came out fine (yes, I set it up from the DX side). However, when I did a
"writelog", the program crashed. This happened in Windows and in the DOS
shell in Windows. It seemed to work ok in DOS. I realize CT running in
WIndows is not supported, but this has never happened before. It worked
fine for the IARU contest. I also checked it using CQWW as the contest,
and no problem under Windows.

73,

Jim N6VH

Bruce Sawyer wrote:

> I have a problem with my current version of CT (9.27) which I'm going to
> have to resolve in the next few months some way or another.  This version
> absolutely will NOT put out a .log file in the correct format if you are
> operating the ARRL 10m contest from the DX side.  Recall that in that
> contest the exchange is (<signal_report>,<state_or_province>) if you're
> operating in the US or Canada and (<signal_report>,<sequence_number>) if
> you're operating from any place else.  While this version of CT is running,
> everything looks beautiful on the screen.  If you do a "writelog", the
> ".all" file looks fine.  (Actually, it's called a ".10" file for this
> contest, but that's a nit.)  When you look at the ".log" file, though, it
> absolutely refuses to put the sequence number into the correct field.  The
> best I have been able to do is get it to leave that field blank in the .log
> file blank.  Normally, though, it will plug in whatever state you listed as
> your mailing address in the opening screen.

snip.....