[ct-user] CT 9.40 & IOTA Contest, observations, wishes

Mark Marsden Mark Marsden <MM@plextek.co.uk>
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:53:59 +0100

Hi all

Greetings from M4R after a great time in the IOTA contest.
Thanks to everyone we worked !

We used two PCs networked together running CT 9.40.
with radio control of a FT1000MP and an Icom 736.
In our MS station the Icom is used in Rx only and
feeds spots to the transmit station.

Software issues..

The IOTA in the log from a previous contact comes up in
the serial number column (in both PCs)- not the IOTA column.

A side effect of this is that spacebar needs to be hit twice
to dupecheck.

With a call in the entry line, if the operator scrolls up the
log  it crashes the other networked PC. (This doesn't happen
if there is no call in the entry line.)

The callsign entry column was one character too narrow
for a few of the portable calls we worked.

The check country window didn't work properly. There was
some text in it obviously from our own log, but the country name,
sunrise and sunset times, and beam heading were blank. Also
the window had a heading "CW" and we were SSB only.

The IOTA column on the transmit station's PC was ok but on the
Rx PC the column was filled with IOTA when there was one
and the serial number when there wasn't. This made the score
on the Rx PC rise at about double the rate of the Tx PC.

Thanks for adding IOTA to CT we've long looked forward using
CT's networking features in this contest,  for us this was by far
the most enjoyable IOTA yet.

73

Mark, G4AXX  (M4R Granta Contest Group)