[ct-user] CT and IC-775

Steve Lund Steve Lund <wa8lly@pacbell.net>
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 19:28:06 -0800

Marcel, Va3mg@aol.com wrote:

> Re IC775 problem when changing bands I also have the radio change to LSB.  I
> also have a problem with changing bands.  I can not log on any other band but
> 20 mtrs.  If I change to 15 mtrs and try to log it will return and log the
> contact on 20 mtrs only.  It does not matter what band I select.  If I want to
> use the latest VER of CT i must not select any radio to get around the band
> logging problem.

I have reported the same problem with my IC-735 when using CT 9.38 and
9.39.

I have discovered a work-around that at least works with my IC-735.
After you switch to the new band, press the radio's VFO button twice.
This cycles through VFO A and VFO B and seems to cause CT to re-read the
VFO frequencies. This is a real hassle in the heat of battle and will
obviously lead to guys being logged on the wrong band.

I sure hope Ken has time to fix this before CQ WPX.

73,
Steve K6UM