[ct-user] CT 9.39 WPX M/M Serial # Behavior?

K7ZO K7ZO" <k7zo@micron.net
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 09:00:31 -0700

I had a chance to try out last Friday CT 9.39 in preparation
for WPX SSB at the end of the month. In particular I set up 4
Station M/M network to see how things worked. I found the
following somewhat odd behavior.

After entering 2 Q’s on 20M, then 2 Q’s on 10M, then 3 Q’s on
15M, then 2 Q’s on 10M here is what the display looked like:

1  20   TIME   CALL   SER#
2  20   TIME   CALL   SER#
3  10   TIME   CALL   SER#
2  10   TIME   CALL   SER#
5  15   TIME   CALL   SER#
2  15   TIME   CALL   SER#
3  15   TIME   CALL   SER#
8  10   TIME   CALL   SER#
4  10   TIME   CALL   SER#

5  10   “Waiting for the next 10M Callsign”

What CT looks like it is doing is as follows:

1.) When it logs a Q from a different Station/Band
    than the previous QSO it displays
    a QSO # that is the cumulative total of all Q’s
    made across all bands.
2.) For subsequent Q’s from the same Station/Band, until
    another Station/Band makes a QSO, it displays
    the QSO # for just that band.

I am not sure which is the intent of the program but
my guess is that changing back and forth is not the design.

Note that from what I could see this is just a display issue.
The QSO line always displays the QSO number of the next
QSO for that band, as is needed in WPX M/M where each
band has its own serial number set. Also all the log files
look ok when doing a WRITELOG.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Scott/K7ZO