[ct-user] "State assistant" for ARRL contests DX-side

Rob Snieder Rob Snieder" <pa5et@muurkrant.com
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:28:24 +0100

During the ARRL CW contest I thought about the following tool, Ronald PA3EWP
started during the night on 40 meters, when he went to sleep in the morning
I exported his log to a RES file and started to edit this file like
W3LPL/MD. I did this for all USA calls. I Appended these lines to the
excisting MASTER.ASC (for USA/VE) and recreated a new MASTER.DAT. The result
of this action is that when you type W3LPL the partial supercheck will show
W3LPL and W3LPL/MD so you can see the state before the US station even says
it. It can realy help when the band is covered with QRM or the usual State
errors ID or IA, MA or ME etc.

Either I go on with creating a MASTER.DAT for ARRL contests using multiple
DX logs from you, or K1EA adds a windows called State advisor and then we
can store the data in a seperate file (preferable), what about SS contest,
ARI, PACC all contest which are using states and/or provinces.

Since these files will get very big I need a program which can do the
conversion for us in short time. Are there any programmers who like to make
such a program ?

K1EA are you willing to add a functionality in your software ? You already
have the zone info build in so there is no excuse that it is not fare to
have additional help build in.

Hope to get reactions from you, you can start sending me your ARRL logs so I
can make a start for the next ARRL contest.

73 de Rob PA5ET