[ct-user] Kachina 505DSP2

Ron Notarius RNotarius@chester-engineers.com (Ron Notarius)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:02:23 -0500

     I saw the Kachina demo at Dayton last year.  Very
     impressive.  If only the control was via Ethernet instead of
     a serial port...

     But I have yet to run into one on the air, or seen anything
     else about it since last May.

     73, ron wn3vaw

Subject: [ct-user] Kachina 505DSP2
Author:  Bill Bennett N7DZ <WizardOfAz@cyberdude.com> at Internet
Date:    03/10/1999 08:56

I am looking for comments, pointers to reviews, pointers to more appropriate
email lists to ask in, good news/bad news, about the Kachina 505DSP2 computer
controlled radio. I know about the May 98 QST review, but haven't found any
others.

>From the app notes on their web page, they say that control such as is required
by logging programs is now incorporated in the design. Has CT (or other programs
anyone is aware of) added support yet?

Does anyone have a feel for whether this radio is really selling? I am intrigued
by it and almost ready to bite. Somebody stop me before I hurt myself....

Bill N7DZ