[ct-user] Kachina 505DSP2

Milt Jensen Milt Jensen <miltj@dvec.org>
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:25:46 -0700

My good friend, W7MCO, purchased and installed the Kachina this past
year.  To my knowledge he is elated with the unit.  He is personal
computer buff, so the keyboard/PC controlled radio is right down his
alley.

I have briefly operated the radio, and agree with the notes made by
Dick, ie, the audio processing and filters.  I have talked with W7MCO on
both CW and SSB while he was using the radio and it sounds good to me at
some two miles distant.

Another feature of interest to the casual CW operator is the built in CW
keyer operated from the keyboard.  Also, a rudimentary logging program
for those that do not need all the bells and whistles included in the
fancy logging programs is included as standard fare.

I have forwarded Bill's info request to W7MCO and hopefully he will
respond with his own personal views and comments gained from a few
months of operating.

						73 de Milt, N5IA