[ct-user] RE: Which CT files to ARRL?

Jim Kehler Jim Kehler <kh2d@kuentos.guam.net>
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 01:25:15 -0000

> Since we only recently announced the new addresses for ARRL log submission,
> I suspect the old address will work for some time to come.   It will save
> time and effort (and save the ARRL some $$) if you take the time to send in
> your logs in the recommended format and to the right e-mail addresses.

> Yes, it isn't perfect, just like my logs.   Maybe the sky is really falling
> though.

>			73 Tom
> e-mail: k1ki@arrl.org   ARRL New England Division Director

I don't think it's a matter of 'the sky is falling', Tom. I think it's a matter of
the fact that the ARRL doesn't seem to take contests it sponsers seriuosly.

A lot of people spend a lot of time, effort, and $$$ to participate in contests.
HF contesting is a facet of the hobby that a few us really enjoy. For some
reason, it takes away from our enjoyment when we wait a year to find out
our logs were 'lost' ........

If log submission in CT format or NA format is 'OK', then put that on the
ARRL web page where people can see in black and white it's 'OK'.  What is
the 'recommended format' ? The one on the ARRL web page, or the one
that somebody from the ARRL sends out in an email message every time
this discussion starts after every ARRL contest ?

73, Jim KH2D