[ct-user] CT9.39 WPX Experience

John Loftus John Loftus" <John_Loftus@vettweb.net.au
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:33:29 +1100

CT9.39, in WPX mode, received a good workout during the RSGB Commonwealth
contest, and for the most part performed very well. The test environment
used a Kenwood TS850 for radio 1 and a Kenwood TS570 for radio 2. An
ethernet network linked a second computer for backup purposes. There were no
computer crashes and all QSOs were correctly logged on both computers. There
is no packet spotting facility on my system - we don't have such assistance
in Australia.

The only area of instability was with the radio select line. On several
occassions, while operating radio 1, CT9.39 decided to momentarily switch to
radio 2 and then back to radio 1. On one occassion, I was transmitting on
radio 1 when the switch occurred. This experience was very disconcerting.

The switching pattern is unpredictable with no apparent reason. I am unable
to find a way of deliberately causing the strange switching behaviour.

Has anyone had such an experience. I would like to gather any information to
help Ken get to the source of the problem.

Regards,

John Loftus VK4EMM

John_Loftus@vettweb.net.au