[ct-user] RE: TS-870 Voice Recorder and CT

Jim Kehler Jim Kehler <kh2d@kuentos.guam.net>
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:06:20 -0000

Roger,

   CT is software. It can only control the functions that the radio manufacturer
decided should be controlled by software.  My Yeasu radio also has a built in
(very poor quality) DVK. But Yaesu didn't think it was an important feature to
allow radio control software to trigger a message playback, so it's impossible
to do via software control.

    You would want to get a DVP if you'd rather press the function keys
on the keyboard than reaching up to the radio and pushing the buttons.

73, Jim KH2D