[ct-user] 9.39 Problems

Bill Claypool Bill Claypool <71556.1273@compuserve.com>
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 23:13:13 -0500

I've also noticed problem number 3 below.
If the last entry (highest frequency) in the band map
is scrolled off the bottom of the window, everything
works OK.  If the last entry appears on the bottom
line, the line above it is blanked out.  If the last
entry should appear one line above the last line, it
is blanked out.  You can see it displayed and then
immediately overwritten with blanks.

Hope this helps.

Bill
NU0Q

From:	Charlie and Janet Ross, INTERNET:ross_family@acm.org
To:	[unknown], INTERNET:ct-user@contesting.com

Date:	3/30/99  4:58 AM

RE:	[ct-user] 9.39 Problems

Sender: owner-ct-user@contesting.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 05:57:46 -0500
To: ct-user@contesting.com
From: Charlie and Janet Ross <ross_family@acm.org>
Subject: [ct-user] 9.39 Problems
Sender: owner-ct-user@contesting.com

Noticed two things about 9.39 during WPX.  Each of these was new compared
to 9.37, the last version I used.

Note: using 640 x 480 VGA with a old, cheapisimo 16-color (NOT 16-bit!)
video card.

1.  Didn't see the packet announcements of mults at the bottom of the
screen at all.  Not even blue on black.  However, talk messages and
miscellaneous stuff appeared normally in black.

2.  After leaving CT up overnight monitoring packet, I came back to find
the band map frozen.  When changing bands, the log window would switch, but
the band map was stuck on the band it was on overnight.  Tried hiding it,
reopening it, going into point-and-shoot, you name it.  If I remember
correctly, I couldn't scroll it, either.  Had to exit and restart CT to
clear it.  (I heard anecdotal reports of another station having similar
problems.)

I also noticed one problem that I had also seen in 9.37:

3.  In the band map window.  Switch to point-and-shoot with
ALT+Right-Arrow.  Scroll to the top of the band (bottom of the window).
The last two lines of the display can get messed up.  One line (I believe
it's the second up from the bottom) disappears.

#'s 1 and 3 may be related; I think it's the same horizontal line of text.
I wonder whether it has to do with the colors trying to get mapped to the
limited colors available on this video card.  If that's the case, I suspect
the number of folks using such ancient technology is minor (and I'll be
switching to a better PC with a real SVGA card for the fall contest
season).  But I thought it was worth reporting.

--Charlie, NC1N

                    ross_family@acm.org
Charlie Ross                         Janet Ross
Amateur Radio Operator NC1N          Cross-Stitch Enthusiast