[ct-user] Phantom Second Radio

Jim Reisert AD1C Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 21:27:19 -0500

At 08:28 PM 10/31/1999 -0500, Glenn Biggerstaff wrote:

>I am wondering if anyone knows how to turn off the second radio that
>appears if you
>inadvertently press the (.) key . I have only one radio enabled in the
>setup (Kenwood 850 ).The problem also showed up at a multi multi
>station I operated at over the weekend on all the positions ( several
>different makes of radios ). It may cost some QSOs because it can change
>the band the QSO is logged on .Thanks ,Glenn N3HUV

I agree that if RADIO2 isn't specified in the setup, that the PERIOD key
should be non-functional. Someone inexperienced could easily type "7025.4"
into the callsign field to change the radio frequency, and find it didn't
work and CT was now logging on Radio2.

I set up my Dad's computer with CT and made this mistake myself, and was
deathly afraid I was going to get a phone call because his CT stopped
logging bands correctly.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>