[ct-user] computer control of radio - software interupt COMTSR2?

00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu
Fri, 05 Nov 1999 08:11:10 -0500 (EST)

I can see lots of data coming down the COM2 line when using my terminal
program.  However, nothing shows up on CT!  I have run MSD (Micrsoft)
to see what the com ports were set to.  When I launch COMTSR2 it shows
among other data a "software interupt".  I can match all the rest of the
data from COMTSR2 to things found using MSD but can't find anything
about this software interupt.  Could that be the problem?

It may or may not be related, but when I reverse pins 2 & 3 to the computer
serial port, the terminal program of course shows nothing while CT
displays a "radio not echoing" message at the bottom of the screen.
This message does not appear when I have the pins correctly wired so
that the terminal program can read the radio data.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9
n4tz@arrl.net