[ct-user] Downloading CT program updates

Jim Reisert AD1C Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:25:42 -0500

There seems to be some confusion about installing the CT program updates
(i.e. CT 9.46).  Since I have answered the same question twice today, I
will try to explain it a little better.

The update file from the CT Vault contains *only* the CT program itself
(CT.EXE) and the latest release notes.  It is *not* a full installation
copy.  Rather, it is supposed to be installed into an existing CT directory
which was created by installing the software from the original floppy
disk.  It is NOT meant to stand alone.  There are too many other support
files that CT requires to put CT.EXE into its own directory and expect it
to work.

When you are installing the update, it may make sense to first rename your
old CT.EXE, for example:

	rename CT.EXE CT939.EXE

That way if there is a problem with the new program update, you can return
to using the old program.

This isn't Windows where the installations automatically do everything for
you.  This is DOS.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>