[ct-user] ver 9.46 report

Bill Hider, N3RR Bill Hider, N3RR" <n3rr@erols.com
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 00:40:32 +0000

9.46.002 did not exhibit all these reported problems at  N3RR this weekend.  See
my comments embedded below.

Jamie Tolbert wrote:

> Other than a few items, this version performed excellently on pentium
> 133/win 95 ( booted to dos). A couple of problems however; Sending is
> stopped when typing in the callsign field; I know that is supposed to happen
> on F1 but with this version it happens with F4 and F2 ; it did not do this in
> previous versions.

I have always used the fact that CT continues to send CW even though I may make
changes to
the callsign field while sending is in progress.  It has never stopped sending
for me.  For example,
while calling CQ, station answers, but my typing isn't finished and it's time to
respond.  I hit the "Insert" key, sending proceeds, then I add or delete/change
callsign characters in callsign field. As long as CT hasn't sent the character
in question, it will send the new character
I have put in as long as I have hit "ENTER" before that character has been
sent.  I have made last second changes to the last character and
to internal characters as keying was proceeding. This has been the case in all
previous CT versions I have used.
I have been using CT since V 4.7.  BTW, CT speed was set to 30-34 WPM the entire
contest.

>  Also I cant edit the time using alt-F; it brings up the
> window and I change the time but when back on the logging screen it displays
> the pc time in that field, not the time I entered. I did use the tz offset
> of 5 hours.

I used the alt-F only once and it worked just fine.  The time was set exactly to
the time
I keyboarded in.  I keep my PC time set to UTC.

> Another minor thing that somebody already mentioned ( and this
> has been like this forever and I only notice it for CQWW) is that alt-z will
> close the F12 check partial and F10 window. No big deal but I use the vga
> option and like all the windows open.

This relates to a previous message today.  And, yes, this happens with my setup
also.  It
would be nice to keep all windows open.

My equipment (partial list, of course):

P-200MMX, selecting F8, option 5 out of WIN98 boot-up sequence - "Command prompt
only".  Note that this is not the same as "booting to DOS".
IC-781
LPT2 CW keying control
COM3 radio control to ICOM CT-17 @ 9600 bps
COM1 packet input from local PacketCluster(TM) node @ 9600 bps