[ct-user] Problems with CT & Omni VI+

James C. Wysocki James C. Wysocki" <wysocki@azstarnet.com
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 15:31:19 -0600

Last year I changed computers while also upgrading CT versions.  After I
did so, my TenTec Omni VI+ no longer was controlled by CT. Since I knew
I had a port problem, I decided to fix that before tackling the software
issues and use CT without rig control.  Well, I finally got to work on
the problem after a long wait.  Here's what is happening.

I'm running a 486DX2 66Mhz machine with 64MB of memory, under Windows
95.  When I start CT in DOS mode (not under a DOS window), I load the
COMTSR4 program (specifying the IRQ5 and 19200 baud options). Then I
start CT 9.42, which comes up normally. It must see the radio because it
doesn't complain about any radio timeouts. And the Omni's baud rate is
set to match the COMTSR4 parameter.

After I feed CT a frequency change, it changes bands or whatever without
incident. However the radio's frequency doesn't move and after a few
seconds CT complains that the radio is not echoing. At that point I move
the radio's vfo dial and CT crashes with a page fault at address
180:004B3B85. It also says
TSC32: prev_lsf32 6B20
and then lists a bunch of addresses with high values in them (registers
filled with logical F's). It finally ends with a "crash address
(unrelocated)=1:00027B85" message.

Does anybody know what's happening here and how to fix it?