[ct-user] Master.dta files for DX and SS

Jim Reisert AD1C Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 06:34:03 -0400

At 10:34 PM 10/25/1999 -0400, Bill Hinkle wrote:

>I down loaded 9.45 and the master data files, DX and SS. They are both
>named master.dta. Do I want to change the names to masterDX and masterSS?
>Or to something else? I'm not sure I will want to use them but, I want to
>set it up and do a trial run. I can not have two files with the same name
>in the CT945 directory. Been real happy with 9.31 but, with the new SS
>changes had to get the update. I also got cty.zip, do I need any of these
>files in 9.45?

Yes, the four MAS*.ZIP file each contain a file called MASTER.DTA
file.  Just unzip the one you want to use for a particular contest, and let
it over-write the old one in your CT directory.  CT can only recognize the
file if it's called MASTER.DTA

You should always be running with the latest country files.  You will need
CTY.DAT from the CTY.ZIP file.

73 - Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>