[ct-user] win98-ct

Tyler Stewart Tyler Stewart" <k3mm@ex-pressnet.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:08:30 +0100

The problem with loading from a disk is that you probably dont have the
config.sys and autoexec.bat included and/or optimized to conserve
conventional memory.

Instead of using a boot disk, I'd run a "dedicated DOS" task (W98 shuts down
and you end up with a DOS prompt with no multitasking).  Now try running
"Memmaker" from the prompt.  This will guide you through the optimization of
your DOS boot files to give you the maximum amount of memory you can have
for a DOS task.  Hopefully, you end up with something close to 600k of
conventional space.  (Type "mem" at the prompt to get a report on memory
usage).

Your HD may be incompatible with DOS6.2 because of formatting for FAT32,
etc., so I'm not too surprised about that.

GL!  Ty K3MM