[ct-user] Problem Keying from LPT1 Using W1WEF Interface

Frank Grossman Frank Grossman <71042.1303@compuserve.com>
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:35:25 -0500

I downloaded CT Ver. 9.48--the latest available from ctvault--and tried to
use my new W1WEF keying interfacing with my IC-765 this weekend.  My older
com2 interface worked fine, but I could not key through my printer port with
the W1WEF Interface.

The radio behaves the same way it does with the serial interface when I plug
in the printer port interface, i.e. the radio goes key down.  Normally, when
I start CT and hit any function key that sends, the key down condition ends
and the radio keys properly.  When I hit a function key with the W1WEF CW
Interface plugged in instead of the serial port interface and hit a function
key, the radio remains key down.  (No CW is sent.)

Of course, I specified "LPT1" in the CT setup.  I tried both ARRL DX CW and
CQWW CW with the same results.

The computer is a 486/20 Mhz machine booted to DOS.

Any suggestions?

73,
Frank
WB2BXO